The XM260 is a belt-fed, general-purpose machine gun that is made by Winfield Heavy Industries. It is designed to replace the FN M240/MAG general-purpose machine gun in countries that used said weapons, most notably in the United States, where it competed in a program alongside several other weapons. Although it lost in the U.S. Military's M240 replacement competition, the design was then sent to other countries that wanted to replace their MAG platform.
- Barrel is 22 inches long.
- Chambered for 7.62x51mm NATO or 5.56x45mm NATO, and is fed via a belt link.
- Designed in 2009, produced since 2014.
- Effective range: 900 meters (with bipod)
- Gas operated
- Rate of fire: 725 RPM
- Weighs about 20 pounds (unloaded), 25 pounds (loaded)
- Canada: Adopted as the C10A1.
- United Kingdom: Adopted as the L10A1.