The Rickard NP (NP meaning New Pistol) is a striker-fired semi-automatic pistol that was developed and manufactured by Rickard Firearms & Defense. The pistol is the first polymer-framed pistol by RF&D, and is considered the successor to the 1980's Model P81. The pistol is available in a variety of different configurations, including caliber options, barrel length, and magazine capacity.
- Barrel 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, or 5.5 inches long, depending on the frame size.
- Chambered for various cartridges, including 9x19mm Parabellum, 7.65x21mm Parabellum, 10mm Auto, and .40 S&W, and is fed via a 17-round (9x19mm), 16-round (7.65x21mm and 10mm), or 14-round magazine (.40).
- Designed in 2003, produced since 2006.
- Effective range is around 50 meters.
- Rate of fire: Semi-automatic.
- Weighs 1.6 pounds (varies).