The RX15 is a gas-operated assault or battle rifle manufactured by Rickard Firearms & Defense. The successor to the RC-70 carbine, the RX15 is intended to take on AR-15 series of rifles used throughout the world. There are two variants to the RX15, each having two variants; the RX15-L, or Light, is chambered for the 5.56x45mm NATO round, whereas the RX15-H, or Heavy, fires the 7.62x51mm NATO round. This rifle would later provide some of the features included the RX20.
- Variants: RX15-H SBR (10.5", MP5-style stock), RX15-H AR (11.5" and above, multi-position adjustable stock)
- Barrel length: 10.5, 11.5, 14.5, 16.5, or 20.5, integrated suppressor available
- Cartridge: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Effective range: 500 meters (L), 650 meters (H)
- Feed system: Magpul PMAG / STANAG magazines (L), 20-round magazines (H)
- Rate of fire: 650-750 RPM, semi-automatic (civilian models)
- Weight: 5.6 lbs (SBR), 7.0 lbs (AR)
- Variants: RX15-H BR (14.5" and above, multi-position adjustable stock), RX15-H DMR (18.5" or 20.5", fixed stock)
- Barrel length: 14.5, 16.5, 18.5", or 20.5
- Cartridge: 7.62x51mm NATO
- Effective range: 650 meters
- Feed system: 10- or 20-round magazines
- Rate of fire: 600 RPM, semi-automatic (civilian models)
- Weight: 7.6 lbs (BR), 8.3 lbs (DMR)
Both the Heavy and Light variants were designed in 2012, and produced since 2015.
- Chroma Security: The RX15-L AR was chosen as the new standard assault rifle of the US division, replacing the RC-523.