The Security Arms Kit is a proposed weapons loadout by NS Arms Corporation specifically meant for the protection of VIPs, counter-terrorism operations, maritime security operations, and general close-quarter combat situations. As such, the weapons are envisioned to be highly compact and easily manoeuvrable in tight spaces.
The idea to come up with the Security Arms Kit came about sometime in late October 2016. As part of the future unveiling of some new weapons platform by NS Arms, Dr. Nowak and Mr. Syahir came up with the idea to introduce the weapons in the future in a package tailor-made for specific military groups and security companies. It is hoped that they could provide some alternatives to countries that seek to equip their armed forces, law enforcement agencies, and/or security companies with enhanced CQB capabilities.
As of now, the basic prototypes of each weapon is already complete; some fine-tuning and reworking of the mechanics of the weapons are currently ongoing to further improve handling of the weapon and ease the manufacturing process, without jeopardising the quality and safety of the weapons. The weapons in this kit consist of a carbine and a submachine gun/personal defence weapon.
The carbine is named Lygophobia. Its design is inspired mainly by the Dragunov MA.
The submachine gun/personal defence weapon is named Komar (mosquito in various Slavic languages). It is based mainly off of the PP-93.
As mentioned, weapons in this arms kit will be customised primarily for CQB purposes. However, users can customise and equip their weapons according to their own personal preferences or as they see fit.
NS Arms Lygophobia
- Weight: 2.5 kg (5.51 lb)
- Length: 533 mm (21 in.) stock folded/788 mm (31 in.) stock unfolded
- Barrel length: 229 mm (9 in.)
- Cartridge: 5.45x39mm, .256 NS (6.5x42mm), .223 Remington and its derivatives
- Operation: Short-stroke gas piston, rotating bolt
- Muzzle velocity: 740 m/s (2428 ft/s)
- Effective range: 400 m (1312 ft)
- Rate of fire: 850 rounds/min
- Feed system: AK-pattern/STANAG-pattern magazines; capacity varies between magazines, with normal capacity of 30 rounds
- Sights: Adjustable rear notch sight and fixed front ring sight
- Attachments: Reflex sights
- User(s): None
NS Arms Komar
- Weight: 1.8 kg (4 lb)
- Length: 14 in. (356 mm) stock retracted/ 20.5 in. (521 mm) stock extended
- Barrel length: 8 in. (203mm)
- Cartridge: .45 ACP, .256 NS-PDW (6.5x23mm)
- Muzzle velocity: Around 300-330 m/s (985-1083 ft/s)
- Operation: Blowback, closed bolt
- Effective range: Around 150-170 m (492-558ft/s)
- Rate of fire: 880 rounds/min
- Feed system: 20-/30-round magazine
- Sights: Adjustable rear ring sight and fixed front ring and bead sight
- Attachments: Reflex sights, suppressor
- User(s): None